What is a Community Partnership?
Community Rail Partnerships are designed to provide a formal mechanism and a framework for greater community involvement in strategic planning, development and operation of a specific railway line.
The Borders Railway Community Partnership is a grass-roots organisation, which aims to link the Borders Railway with the communities it serves. This includes encouraging the local communities along the line and those in the new railway’s immediate catchment area to become directly involved in improving the railway environment through e.g. use of disused buildings, provision of additional facilities and improved signage and pathways to / from stations.
The Borders Railway Community Partnership involves a wide range of organisations and community groups. It is led by a Steering Group which oversees the activities of the BRCP, setting up specific projects or subgroups to focus on and encourage development of particular areas of work. These include:
• Promoting facilities and attractions accessible from the Railway
• Implementing objectives set by ScotRail for all Community Rail Partnerships
• Collecting input and feedback from the public, including passengers and businesses
• Facilitating networking amongst relevant people and organisations
• Campaigning for easy access to and from all Stations for Walkers, Cyclists and Disabled
• Supporting Station Adopters
• Engaging in Public Relations, Communication and Marketing
The Borders Railway Community Partnership is a not for profit organisation that has the purpose of serving your community.
The Borders Railway is for you - so have your say and help shape its future by contacting The Borders Railway Community Partnership.